Sarah
Sarah asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

How to tell if I need new glasses again?

I got a new pair of glasses on Sunday and I find that when I immeaditly look out of my right eye, things are blurry for a second (but less blurry than when not using glasses), and then my eye focuses and things look clear. However, I have not had that issue in the past; I've been able to see things clearly right away with other glasses. I am not having this issue with my left eye. Will I need new glasses again or will I just need to adjust to this?

Favorite Answer

They are probably OK if you soon get clear vision from both eyes. However, I once had a pair of glasses made and they misread the prescription for one eye. They told me to give it time and it would be OK, but I couldn't even read a car number plate at the right distance. So I went back and got them to check the power of the prescription with the power of the actual lens; they found a mistake had been made and apologised.

Wear them for a few days and if it don't get better you will have to get a hold of the optometrist to make sure that there isn't anything wrong with your new glasses.

• Audrey

Give it at least a few days. Then call your eye doctor if it's not better at all. 

• ?

you need to let your eyes adjust to them