Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 2 months ago

When traveling abroad through a school program, What type of medical information do universities require be reported?


When I fill out travel abroad forms, they have questions like “do you have any of the below listed conditions “ which range from ADHD to diabetes, and have a spot for “other”.  Does this information need to be disclosed or only disclosed if the student feels necessary. 

6 Answers

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    generally, any communicable diseases and all accidents

  • 2 months ago

    Check both specific requirements of the university AND general requirements of the country's gov't for student visa.

  • drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    It should say on the form as if the information is required or optional.  Through a school program, ask your school. Get facts direct form the source. 

    My daughter did a study aboard program form the US to the UK and disclosed she has asthma. It was for her own safety. 

  • 2 months ago

    I don't understand the question. Universities usually require you to have insurance. But most of the countries you might go to have universal coverage. I know people who had medical problems when on study abroad programs. THey got treated for practically nothing- one had her appendix out, one had a broken leg, one had a rare tumor removed. I don't think any of this was reported to the university- medical information is usually private. 

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    generally, any communicable diseases and all accidents

  • 2 months ago

    whatever you think they need to know

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.