Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what is happening? ?

The other night as I was putting an ear plug into my ear before sleeping, I heard a crunching noise in my ear followed by pain, so immediately took it out. The day after, I went to clean that ear, and the same thing happened. This morning i got woken up by the crunching/whooshing noises in my ear and it didnt go away for awhile. I cannot make an in person doctors appointment because that currently isnt an option where I live due to high covid cases. What do you suggest I do, and what can be causing this?! Should I be worried , because it's absolutely freaking me out ..

Just to add , my hearing has not been impacted, my ear just feels weird and has those crunching noises. 

Sigh,,,be thankful you started out with 2 ears. You need to quit using covid as an excuse to deny yourself health care.

CALL your GP/PC doctor or an otolaryngologist. They can do a telemedicine appointment and or have you seen in an office or hospital.  

If your hearing hasn't been affected, you probably didn't pop your ear drum, but you'd be smart to get medical advice before sticking ANYTHING else in your ear.  If it is impacted ear wax, You can get an ear wax removal kit at most pharmacies. 

• Tavy

Sounds as if you dislodged earwax and it's gone over your eardrum.

Talk to a pharmacist they might recommend ear drops.