Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

Confused I’ve had two positives but also a positive ovulation test?

So I tested this morning for ovulation as my last period was November 18th so I wanted to know if I was still ovulating and my ovulation shows I’m at the peak but I then took 2 pregnancy tests which are both positive. I assumed my period was late as I had a misscarriage start of October this year so I thought that’s why it’s late and I also took several tests when I was a week late all came negative and they was first response ones. I am confused as how I can be having a positive ovulation and pregnancy test surely you can’t ovulate and be pregnant the same time ? 

The top test is ovulation test and the bottom is pregnancy tests 

I’ve just noticed some light red spotting 

• LizB

If you're pregnant, an LH test will also turn positive because LH and hCG a very similar hormones. A home OPK test can't tell the difference, but a blood test definitely can.

This is the photo by the way one is an ovulation test 

• helene

The hormones LH and hcg are almost identical in structure. A pregnancy test can tell the difference, but an ovulation test does not.

So you're not ovulating, you're pregnant.

• ?

It is possible to get a positive ovulation test when you are already pregnant. 

Pregnancy tests are more reliable and false positive results are rare so if you've had 2 clearly positive tests you should believe it. See your doctor to confirm. Congratulations.