Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 2 months ago

How do doctors get paid?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Depends on there work environment 

Those that are clinic or hospital employees usually get a salary though some are paid per hour, but they are paid by the hospital just like all hospital employees 

Those in private practice get paid just like all small business owners, the keep whats left over after all expenses are met

Those in the military get paid by direct deposit and the money comes from the government 

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In the clinic i used to work at?  On a per patient basis.  At the ER i work at now?  Per hour

• 2 months ago

Kinda vague. But if you mean where does their money actually come from, it depends on their practice, their contract, if they do hospital or teaching rotations,  if they take call, their pay or billable mix, what sort of patients they see, etc etc etc.  some are paid solely on billable collected, some a salary, often a 1099 income, others a mix....it really is diverse.  If you mean physically, my husband is paid once a month based on billable with a 3 month lag

Source(s): PA A PA and MD
  • L
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on the type of doctor and who they work for.

For example:

1) My sister-in-law teaches as a large US university. She has a PhD. The university has a "payroll service provider" that uses direct deposit to a bank account.

2) My niece is a Pediatrician and works in a "Medical Group". She gets a physical check.

In both cases, they are paid every two weeks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The same as everyone else.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.