Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChevrolet · 2 months ago

How much $ can I get for a 2011 Chevy Impala with a bad transmission?

$3000 after you fix the transmission. Pull the OBD2 codes. The problem may not be as bad as you think.

• (A)

It costs over $4000 for a new transmission. So its not much

Pay for it? Tell you what, you pay me and I'll haul it off for you. That is what I think its worth. 

• ?

$350           

• Ian K

Our scrap guy will do $100 for a pick-up if it has a catalytic converter and battery.

$50 if it has an aftermarket/no catalytic converter 

• Evil C

Being the throw-away car the Impala is, the only way you're gonna get much of anything out of it is if you part it out or just call a scrapyard to come take it away.

This is coronavirus time nobody wants to buy your headache. Right now it's hard to even get salvage value for a car that does not run. You'll be really lucky to get about $800 for it

Not knowing about mileage, options, or the condition of the rest of the car,  I will guess.  

The price of a new transmission and labour will make a potential buyer think that the car is worth nothing.  Best to either fix the transmission and try for $4000 or so, or to accept virtually nothing.    

$300 at a salvage yard.

However much a scrap yard will pay you to tow it away. Not much.