Cheap muffler or exhaust system for 2018 Honda Civic Hatch-Sport Turbo?

I just bought my 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport. I wanted to make it louder but not obnoxiously loud.. was seeing if there’s a cheaper way then buying a exhaust set up like the Renmark brand I found. Could I just put a aftermarket muffler on it like a cherry bomb? I’m new to car mods so I don’t know what’s the best option.

"Cherry Bombs" are "glass packs" and I am told glass packs do not work well with the high temperatures associated with modern car exhausts.

There are generic mufflers that are not glass packs. To pick the right one demands getting under the car and seeing what room there is and the configuration of the existing system. Then going some place where you can actually look at the mufflers or see the dimensions of them. Inlet, outlet, on center, off center and a few other details.

Maybe Summit Racing has the details where you could look to find a muffler that will fit.

Then comes the issue of removing the old one and fitting up a new system. Welding is not always required. But a few hand tools will be mandated and a desire to see the project to completion.

Good luck- the rule is you get what you pay for! A bolt on system that costs more often pays for itself because sanity is not lost. As some one stated a place that actually does exhaust work (has a tube bender and all that) is the second best choice.

Make sure your exhaust has an EO number/is CARB compliant and under 95db...