wave
wave asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 2 months ago

Are many people keeping their Christ-mas decorations up later this year? ?

Apparently in medieval times people used to keep their christmas decor up until long past January 5th until Candlemas? What are you going to do this year? 

5 days ago

Yes it is almost March and I still see Christmas gear everywhere. Arlington Va. is where I live and see it. 

• blank

I keep mid up till mid January. I put them up day after thanksgiving.

I usually keep my Christmas stuff up until mid-January.

• susan

Not on purpose. I have my usual problem with procrastination.

• Clyde

My Christmas 🎄 tree is up I think I’ll keep my tree up for a long time Thanks for asking

Yes and I think it is because of the great Pandemic of 2020 still being here. 

• Robert

But in medieval times it was so much cheaper to keep your lights up all year when coal powered electricity was not very inexpensive.  Today it's too expensive to keep colorful lives over our cave entrances. Public school education.  Gotta love it.  

• drip

Orthodox  Christmas is January 7th. My Grandmother celebrated and I still do too in her memory.  So decorations stay up until then. 

• ?

Outside lights came down a week or so back, before the storms were suppose to hit. Inside my daughter and I are doing today, just takeing a break fro it right now.

• ?

The celebration of Christmas ends on January 6 which is the day most Christians take theirs down.  The season of Christmas ends on February 2 which is when Italians take theirs down.  Saturnalia ends on December 24 which is why decorations have gone from supermarkets when they reopen after Christmas.