Can I go to urgent care to get a Large Bump by my eye removed ?

It’s under my skin and it’s make my eye lid look swelled and it really messing with my self esteem not gonna lie, could I go to urgent care to get it removed or would I have to set an appointment with my primary and get referred to a Dermatologist? 

To a couple of people asking no I haven’t “clearly” had it for a longtime. It’s right under my eyebrow not directly on my eyelid, it looks like my eye is swollen but you can’t see an actual bump it’s underneath the skin. I woke up to it swelled up yesterday.

Favorite Answer

Is it a stye or chalazion? If it came on suddenly, they may be able to give you something to ease the pain/discomfort. Both generally go away on their own but chalazion usually last longer since they are higher up in the eyelid. If it is something like that, then an opthamologist is actually the correct doctor. If it is truly just a lesion that you've had for a long time and it is related to your eye, then you need an eye doctor. Very few doctors will touch anything near the eye otherwise. You can say that it's affecting your vision to try to get it covered by insurance.

Urgent Care deals with urgent illnesses.  If the bump came on suddenly then it could be an urgent care issue.

But yours is clearly an on-going issue and would not be an urgent care issue.

urgent care will not remove it

• n2mama

Very unlikely urgent care would deal with this, as it isn’t an urgent care issue. It’s cosmetic and elective, so I doubt they would do anything for you.

You'd have to call the specific urgent care facility and ask if they could perform that -- my guess is that urgent care doctors are not set up to do an elective, cosmetic procedure.  If there is no pain or infection, it isn't likely they'd mess with it.  Plus, you're likely exposing yourself to people who are actually acutely ill.  I wouldn't go to urgent care for anything that wasn't urgent.

If you don't want a scar, you really want this type of thing done by a qualified specialist such as a dermatologist.

This isn't a good time in most countries.