T Torres asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

Can a fish be selfish?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Absolutely! They have 'personalities' just like us. I had the fish tank next to my computer desk, where I spent most of my time. With them so close, I got to watch their behaviour. Every now and again, I'd talk to them. They got into the habit of all swimming in the corner of the tank closest to me. One in particular (the selfish, jealous one) used to gang up on them until they swam away so he had the corner to himself. One fish (Goldy) swam away ONCE - the next time the bully tried it, Goldy turned on him and HE swam away!! I was so proud of Goldy, that I renamed him The General. The bully never did that again and all the fish resumed swimming in the corner happily again. Peace was restored. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Stay in school little troll. 

• 2 months ago

Here is an interesting fact for you there's a fish often called a jealous fish it's a beta. Beta fishes have been known to kill themselves trying to get to their own reflection if you put a mirror in front of their bowl they will repeatedly attack their own reflection until they batter themselves to death

• Matt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

yes if it is a shellfish 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i dont think so

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.