Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

Can zinc help getting through covid19?

I'm not talking as a cure, but something that can help your immune system work.

• Dee

*** For years researchers have debated whether zinc helps people to fight off colds. One recent study found that “[zinc] lozenges taken every few hours at the start of a cold slash its average duration nearly in half,” reports Science News. Moreover, participants in the study who took zinc lozenges every two to three hours for four or five days “reported significantly less coughing and nasal discharge” than those who took placebos. However, some people taking zinc experienced side effects such as constipation and mouth dryness, says the magazine. 

Source(s): www.jw.org

I had Covid right before Thanksgiving 2020.  I took Zinc, Vitamin D, Oil of Oregano, Garlic, Turmeric and Echinacea/Goldenseal Extract which all have anti-viral properties.  I am no spring chicken and was over it in about 7 days.  I was no worst that the flu.

Take vitamin C, D, and zinc.  It is your best first line defense.  Just ask a respiratory therapist.

As far as I know, the supplement of vitamin C and D3 does have a positive effect. 

Zinc assists your metabolism, but you should get sufficient in your diet.  It is found in meat, fish, peas and beans (especially chickpeas).  Having enough zinc will help you recover from covid-19, but overdosing on it will not make you recover any quicker.  A sign of zinc deficiency is an itchy scaly scalp.  If you don't have that, you probably don't need zinc supplements.