how do i create my own avatar?

• ?

There are several ways to do that. Yahoo's avatar making web pages were terminated in 2013. Even if you had saved some of those avatars on your devices and can still access them, they probably are petty pixellated and have poor resolution. 

There are many avatar making web pages online, or you can use a a digital photo you have taken. I do NOT recommend using a selfie, especially if your identity has been stolen on Facebook like mine was. 

You need to go to your Yahoo profile. Things have changed. I just accessed my Yahoo profile by tapping the menu icon and then tapping my user name. It went directly to "Personal info". Tap the camera icon in the center of the avatar and that should take you to the photographs on your device.. I will try to change my avatar to one of my cats who died almost exactly 3 years ago. Size and center the image as you want. Then tap "Done."

You pick a pic or icon that you like on your computer. (I made mine using MS Paint). Then go to your account and select "Account Info", then select "Personal Info". Then select the "edit" located in the upper right of the page. Then click on the icon/avatar which will open up to your computer. Browse to where you have your chosen avatar and select it and select "Done". The avartar/Icon will upload to your account and then save. Your done!

There are several sites on the web where you can make an avatar. Yahoo websites do not have that function.

• Sharon

You can't. The avatar maker was discontinued on April 1, 2013. There is no way to do that anymore.