When my doctor told me my blood pressure was 187/98 I felt embarrassed. Have you felt this way?

• ?

what way?

But it is high

I had a V.A. nurse practitioner say, "What are you doing that makes your blood pressure so high?" like I`m doing some kind of drugs or something. I told her, right now talking to her. She got all bent out of shape. LOL

I have felt that way

It’s easy to let things like that get away from you

Better get control of you bp

That’s way way too high

You’ll get early heart failure then your life will be crap

Embarrassed is not the way I would feel.  Worried because my BP was way too high over way too high & I was in stroke territory is how I would feel.

--  Both those figures are way too high. At the most the figures should be 160/80 or less, and better at around 120/75

--  I am never embarrassed about my blood pressure.  I have had high blood pressure in the past for over 50 years and take blood pressure tablets. Also, I have my blood pressure taken several times during dialysis which is three rimes a week for five hours per session.  I usually start at around 130/60 and end at around 112/58, but sometimes lower at around 105/56. I have gone as low as 98/50 and the nurse has had to give me a drink and let me rest for around 5-10 minutes.

My doctor had me take an EKG test. She wanted to see if the high blood pressure damaged my heart.

I had an accident in the late 80's but wasn't hurt enough to go to emergency room. On the Monday I did my sales calls and went to the Dr @ 3pm on my way home. I too was 187 but it was over 116. The Dr blew a gasket and told me this was unacceptable for a 28 yr. old. He asked what did I have for lunch? I said I wrapped my day up @ 1:30, and stopped for blackened redfish dinner with 2 Chevis on the rocks. Was this normal? NO, but neither was going to the Dr. I was told to go home, take it easy and see him 1st thing Tuesday Am. Be prepared for a stay awhile unless my #'s were better. I was 136 over 82.

Embarrassed? No, but definitely ignorant.

No.  My BP always goes through the roof at the doctor's office.  At home, it's fine.