Hippo asked in Dining OutFast Food · 2 months ago

Am I in the wrong for doing this?

I went to Mcdonalds yesterday. The Mcdonalds I went to had 2 lanes with 2 drive thrus, however a few cars in front of me only took one drive thru lane, so I went to the second drive thru lane and got my order before them. This all leads to one window so I scooted behind the guy in line next to pay, cutting the guy that was still ordering.

As soon as it was my turn to pay, the cashier told me the car behind me told them at the speaker that I cut everyone in line, so I couldn't pay, and I didn't get my meal.

I am sure people used the other drive thru before too, just not for maybe the past 5ish mins.

• kswck2

If this is your biggest worry in life, you live a charmed life. 

You didn't do anything wrong. If it leads to ONE window. Then, it isn't "cutting" people off. This also doesn't mean they get to refuse you. File a complaint or call corporate offices.

regardless if you cut in line, which a*shole move on your part....., they won't deny a paying customer... they want money. something doesn't add up. 

You did nothing wrong. If the one behind was still ordering, your order went in first so you were first. I would have refused to move from the window until I got my order.

You might have done the same thing told the window what you did and let him or her judge for themselves. You also could protest in a civil manner and not go back there again.

• ?

No, you acted appropriately. The other car sounded like a whiny entitled Karen, and the employee was a moron.

• David

They have 2 lanes for a reason.  You did nothing wrong.  Should have just stayed there until you got your food.  Micky D's employees are retarded from sniffing to much hot oil.

I have no idea how someone could "cut" in line at a drive though if everyone is in their car. If two lanes were open and no one was in one of the lanes its their fault for being stupid. The lane is either open or it is not. If you pulled up to the speaker and they took your order you did absolutely nothing wrong. In fact, it was the other people not filling in both lanes that reduces efficiency in that design and they are in the wrong.

Of course if it was me, I would have just sat at the window when they said I couldn't pay and waited until I could pay. Everyone behind you would just have to wait or wait until the police or tow truck showed up. Just let them explain to the police that they wouldn't serve you because you somehow (with a car) cut in line.

You were not supposed to do that and I'm suprised they took your order. They have a 1st and second window for a reason.

It's one thing if you go inside to order, but you skipped the pay window and went to the pick up window instead. What you did was almost a crime. 

There are no "two drive through lines".

One is to pay, one is to pick up.

The people answering have never been to a mcdonalds before or drive through fast food.

That's not cutting in line, the whiner who said you cut is the one who is wrong.  Anyone is free to go into whatever lane is open and whoever finishes placing their order first gets to pay first and get their food first.  If you had been at a location with two entrances and someone pulled in the one entrance and right into the outer lane speaker behind only one car instead of to the back of the line behind the four or five cars that hadn't even gotten to the point where they choose a lane, I saw that happen, then THAT would be cutting line.  You're fine.