Is it true that Epson is the best brand for printer while HP is the worst?

Favorite Answer

HP makes great Laser Printers.

But for Inkjet, I favor Epson printers.  Since inkjet has come out, I've had 5 inkjet printers.  3 HPs all died within 2 years.  Of the 2 Epsons, one lasted 5 years and the other is on year 4.

One thing though.  If you don't print much, like maybe a month goes by without printing, Epson ink almost always dries out requiring a head cleaning and wasting of ink.  After 4 head cleaning cycles or so, you've wasted half the ink.

Now I use a third-party ink from LD.  LD ink doesn't dry out, and it's about 1/3rd the price of Epson ink.  So because I don't waste ink doing head cleanings anymore, I'm paying like 1/5th the price I used to pay for Epson ink.

We've had the worst luck with Lexmark - especially in trying to network them.

Easiest is HP.

• VP

Not really. As an IT tech of many years, I've found that people's favorite brand of printer just depends on how well THEIR printer worked over the years. That's what you're seeing in the comments, too.  Each brand has its pluses and minuses. 

• F

I’ve had my Epson printer for about 8 years still going strong. Not great for photos but has scanner and photocopier for £35. Only problem is a full set of Epson ink costs more than £40, but I just buy compatibles off ebay for around £5 a set.

Easiest is HP.

• garry

you only get what you pay for , less the printer then the more it is to run , use simple maths to work out running costs against printer costs . it all depends if you have a lot of printing or a little .

Yes, Epson is the best printer.

• keerok

For inkjet and dot matrix, Epson. For laser, HP or Brother. These are the brands I depend on for one simple reason. Ink is readily available.

you look like a troll for Epson.  My experience with inkjet printers is they're all not worth having ... too expensive of supplies

• Rayal

I prefer Brother to both.  I have used all of them but have only laser printers now. Nothing wrong with HP Epson was an ink (jet) ****** and while they print good pictures they are expensive.

ANYTHING HP is the worst - I speak from experience:  in for repairs more than I have them.  Had Epsons at work and they were great.  Have Samsung at home and it keeps printing - about 6 years old now !