Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

Why do teachers embarrass quiet students?

• donnie
    2 days ago

I don't think calling on someone to answer a question is trying to embarrass anyone as long as he/she calls on everyone

The  question should really be, Why are some students so shy of saying anything in class?

Teachers don't set out to embarrass you. They just treat all the students the same.

to make school ratatatatata and boom boom bang bang pew pew pew

• keerok

Don't generalize.

I was quiet in school and some of those teachers never bothered me. It was maybe because I always gave the right answer.

participation is part of learning.

i dont think most teachers want to embarrass any students...

They want everyone to contribute. Letting quiet kids never participate only makes them shyer. If you have too much anxiety to talk in class, the only way to solve that problem IS to talk in class.