custom paint motorcycle  gas tanks.?

when it comes to custom painting motorcycle gas  tanks  do people want oem  motorcycle gas tanks  or  motorcycle gas tanks  made by different brand name  and will fit  a certain kind of motorcycle ?

Varies widely.

Some people just want to pretty up their bike, and will stick with the original tank - whereas other people are customizing their bike more heavily and want to go with an aftermarket (or custom made) tank.

Personally, I've never been much into auto/motorcycle customization.  I'd rather spend my time riding.  I remember seeing a question on a motorcycle magazine site one time that asked: 'what's the first thing you do to a new motorcycle?' and I answered: 'ride the damn thing for a while before I start f**king around with it'.

I've had an '04 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100cc for years that I bought from an old guy.  Literally the only thing I've done to it (other than tires/oil changes) is replace the clutch/brake handles with chrome ones - and the only reason I did that was because the mirror stanchion broke off of base of the clutch handle.

Amazon had a set that included the clutch handle (with interlock switch) and brake handle (with master cylinder and brake light switch) for less than $40.  I guarantee it's cheap chrome, but it still looks fine to me.  My next purchase will probably be some new (bigger) mirrors.

We give Custom Paint, Motorcycles Painting, Bike Painting, Motorcycle Airbrush Art, Helmet Design, Custom Helmet Design and Illustration painting administrations.

• adam

this is the second time you asked this. People want THEIR tanks painted. In other words they usually already have the tank they want for their build. They have it painted and frame powder coated ect ect

• fuzzy

OEM tanks are going to be the lowest cost alternative, other customers may want lighter weight custom composite parts for racing. 

A totally custom tank can be welded up from sheet metal, dude. If you want a tank that looks like a giant body part, yes, that is possible. Work on your welding skills.

Depends who they are and what they want.

Restorers will want OEM

Customisers will want a certain shape and fit

Riders will want a functional tank