Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 2 months ago

If you never heard of coronavirus through any media source, would you know that it existed? ?

If you never heard of coronavirus on the news, on Facebook, or on any other media, would you know if it’s existence? If so then how? 

If you caught it and ended up in an ICU isolation bed, you might get an inkling.

• ?

I would certainly know.  Seven of my co-workers are off work with it.

From encountering people last year who knew someone in the prime of her did from it.

Or acquaintances who have either recovered from it or some one whose family or friends have had it. Plus some of their relatives may have died from it.

You would know when your friends start dropping dead.

• Rick B

Yes.  I am an NP in the ICU and see hundreds of cases of it each month.

I see signs on the doors at restaurants and the grocery store.

Of course, there was that whole "locking down the whole town" that occurred a few months ago.

Society is awash with warnings about  c19l; i think you would have to be deaf dumb and living in a cave in the back of beyond not to know that there was a deadly virus killing  people around the world 

• In the event that you lived in a significant city you'd be hearing much more ambulances than expected, individuals out of nowhere wearing covers all over, and in case you're more than 50 or with a condition you may be debilitated enough that you'd need to go to the medical clinic.

Source(s): On My Profile
  • Ludwig

Yes, I kind of worked that out when I was on the Covid ward.

If you lived in a major city you'd be hearing a lot more ambulances than usual, people all of a sudden wearing masks everywhere, and if you're over 50 or with a condition you might be sick enough that you'd have to go to the hospital.

Well, I have never came down with an illness that I did not previously hear of OR - get informed about when I got it...

On a camping trip when I was only four (1986) I learned what a bee sting is really quickly... when my mom tried to pluck the stinger out of my scalp... with a pair of nail clippers.

I also had a SEVERE illness on a visit to my mom's motherland (South Korea) when I was 3 (1985) and had such a severe fever that (according to my mom) I started to hallucinate on the bus and claim that bugs were crawling all over me. 

...

I'm pretty sure that I had not heard of contaminated well water ("well") prior to that poisoning.

I think it's convenient for us to have this 'media age' at least concerning this new virus although it is all undone by the bearded maniacs wearing horns (and rightly wearing horns) to subdue any efforts for the public to try healthy. 

I'm baffled beyond words and how evil is constantly not recognized and identified... even though a virus absolutely has been.

This world is backwards and so going backwards.