Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 2 months ago

Why would a small business (such as a mobile dog grooming business) need a lot of liability insurance?

Trademark registration for business https://trademarkfactory.com/

For the same reason all businesses need a lot of liability insurance. If you own a business and get sued you can lose your home.

iI

Incase there is a liability that outweighs the assets or worth of the business. If you have a hotdog truck that is worth 10,000 dollars and someone dies of food poisoning, the family will sue you for millions of dollars and you need the insurance for that. 

• denise

Accidents?  maybe a clip to far,  Allergic reactions to Shampoo,  Being bitten?

• JJ

In case they bite the dog

I know a person who went bankrupt and lost their house because a dog being groomed got loose and killed another dog waiting to be groomed.

So Yes.

• fcas80

In the rare instance when a dog in your care bites someone or causes injury or damage to someone, you are liable.  If you don't have enough insurance, you would have to pay the cost of any legal judgment from your own funds.

If I owned a dog, I would want to know that you have liability insurance before I use your service.

You misgroom a dog - you are liable

Dog gets scared and bites owner - you get sued

shall I continue?

Because you don't want to lose everything because you were too cheap to protect yourself and the dog got loose under your car and then mals a child.