Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 2 months ago

Why would a small business (such as a mobile dog grooming business) need a lot of liability insurance?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Trademark registration for business https://trademarkfactory.com/

• 2 months ago

For the same reason all businesses need a lot of liability insurance. If you own a business and get sued you can lose your home.

iI

• 2 months ago

Incase there is a liability that outweighs the assets or worth of the business. If you have a hotdog truck that is worth 10,000 dollars and someone dies of food poisoning, the family will sue you for millions of dollars and you need the insurance for that. 

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Accidents?  maybe a clip to far,  Allergic reactions to Shampoo,  Being bitten?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In case they bite the dog

• 2 months ago

I know a person who went bankrupt and lost their house because a dog being groomed got loose and killed another dog waiting to be groomed.

So Yes.

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In the rare instance when a dog in your care bites someone or causes injury or damage to someone, you are liable.  If you don't have enough insurance, you would have to pay the cost of any legal judgment from your own funds.

If I owned a dog, I would want to know that you have liability insurance before I use your service.

• 2 months ago

You misgroom a dog - you are liable

Dog gets scared and bites owner - you get sued

shall I continue?

• 2 months ago

Because you don't want to lose everything because you were too cheap to protect yourself and the dog got loose under your car and then mals a child.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.