ano asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

i’m 14 years old and have -6 vision in both eyes?

is there any hope of it not getting significantly worse? i kind of want to live a normal life where i don’t have to take the risk of going completely blind by getting lasik surgery. if i were to get contacts at this stage do you think they would be too thick? because my main worry right now is that my glasses lenses are really thick and they make my eyes smaller and that makes me insecure, but contacts seem uncomfortable and problematic.

edit: i also want to note that i had -1.25 vision when i was 9 years old and it basically just steadily decreased every year by 1

Favorite Answer

Your vision will stabilize soon. The extra thickness from being more myopic may be noticed in contacts when handling them. -6.00 lenses will feel a bit more stiff than -1.00. It does not affect the comfort when worn. Modern soft contacts are comfortable from the start. Sometimes learning to insert and remove them can be a bit dificult.

You might be able to get thinner lenses for your glasses ,that will be your best solution.

• Rick B

That is a question for you ophthalmologist.