Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 2 months ago

What's the best option?

I'm 18 y/o and don't recall fully completing a single year in highschool due to family issues and moving around a lot. However, I am devoted to getting a diploma or a GED; I'm aware of its importance. I just don't know where or how to begin. 

And most importantly, the Fastest and most efficient route so I can start college. 

I've saved enough money- all I do is work- and am ready to finally accomplish this milestone. 

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Check out your community college for GED classes.

Call your public library and ask what resources they have to study for the GED

Order a GED study guide book on Amazon.

• Ludwig

You WILL find good advice and people in similar situations if you look on this site:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeschoolRecovery/

• MS

You should look into the GED as soon as possible.  Go to www.ged.com to find out information about eligibility and registration for the test.  Give yourself time to study and prepare first though.  There are often free GED prep classes that are offered, and you can purchase GED study guides and practice tests.  If you have not had any consistent education during your high school years then you will very likely need to do some work to teach yourself this material. 

• drip

Order a GED study guide book on Amazon.

Probably, the easist thing you could do would be to contact the local high school or school board, and find out how to get into online learning. Where you move around that would probably be the best option for you. 

• OTTO

Seems you can do it online or in person. Online would be easier. But best to contact your local high school for options.