Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Can I get pregnant on the last day of my period?

So the condom broke. I was on my last day of my period. My cycle is usually around 28 days but irregular. Lasts for about 4 to 6 days. Please don't tell me I should go for sex education. I'm just very worried. I've heard you can't get pregnant on your period or end of it. But some have made me scared now saying if it's irregular you can. Can someone please help me out here. I'm so worried....

We can become pregnant while we are ovulating which rarely happens while we are on our period.  Ovulation takes place midway between the last day of your period and the first day of your next period, as the rule.

You can get pregnant at ANY time during your cycle, regular or irregular. Don't let anyone tell you you are safe just because you are on your period; you are not, and you can very easily be pregnant. 

Relax.  Worrying doesn't change anything. While it is possible to conceive when having sex at the end of your period, it isn't very likely at all.  Look up "ovulation calculator" and chart when you are likely to ovulate based on the first day of your last period and the average length of your cycle.

Obviously, you aren't ovulating when you are still on your period. The "problem" is that sperm can survive inside a woman for about 5 days.  IF you ovulate in that 5-day period, then there is a chance of conception.  Most women ovulate on days 12-16 of their cycle if they have a 28-day cycle, so if you have sex on day 6, it isn't very likely that you'd ovulate before all sperm died off. If you has sex on day 4 of your period, it is even less likely that you'd ovulate in time for your egg to meet up with viable sperm.  

On the other hand, if your cycle is really only about 26 -days long and you had sex on day 7 of your period/cycle, the chances would be significantly higher that sperm would still be viable when you ovulate. 

https://www.webmd.com/baby/healthtool-ovulation-ca...

• A

It’s definitely possible to get pregnant on your period, but it’s less likely. Since it was at the end of your period, you have a higher chance of pregnancy. Ovulation typically occurs around the middle of your cycle, but sperm can live up to 5 days inside you. If ovulation occurs at day 14, you can get pregnant anytime between day 9-16. Since your cycle is often irregular, ovulation could easily occur a few days early. I would take plan B if I were you. The sooner the better, but it can be taken up to 4 days after unprotected sex. Just be aware that it has some side effects and can mess with your cycle for a while. 

You should go for sex education then you wouldn't be baffled by something so basic. You've had unprotected sex. What's confusing about that? 

Yes, some woman ovulate right after their period is done, and sperm can remain for three or so days within the reproductive track - so there is a window there for pregnancy.