Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 2 months ago

Do people really get raped in Prison or is that a myth? ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • D1218
    Lv 6
    6 days ago

It's true they do. But it's a myth that everyone does.

• 1 month ago

Just don't drop the soap when you are in the shower block!

• 1 month ago

It happens and all you have to do is read some of the reports on prison reform.

• 1 month ago

I believe it happens sometimes and that prisons shouldn’t let it happen just because someone belongs in there. Barbarism is terrible. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Of course they do.  I guess the only inmates this doesn't happen to are the ones who can physically defend themselves.  They more often target the young and weak.

• 1 month ago

No, that's not a myth.  I don't know if it's as common as what you see in the movies, but it's a real thing.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Of course it's not a myth.  Prison rapes certainly happen.  They are a way of exercising power and dominance within a prison hierarchy, for one thing, and let's face it: when you put a large group of healthy young men or women into a communal, institutional setting with NO access to the opposite sex, what do you THINK is going to happen? 

Anyone who thinks it's rare in the UK has his head in the sand. A great many UK prison inmates have been subjected to some form of sexual abuse.  One problem is that HM's prison system prefers not to keep records on the subject.

• 2 months ago

Yes, people really get raped in prison, it is not a myth.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I hear its a power thing more than a pleasure thing.

• 2 months ago

In some countries it's rife, others it is rare.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.