Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

What do you think about this new vaccine?

Some say it works but a lot of people are afraid of getting the covid 19 and are rushing to get this shot done.

Opinions please

• Sky

Which vaccine?  There have been several so far.  As far as the first two, several phases of clinical trials have proven they have about a 95% efficacy rate with minimal side effects (mostly limited to soreness at the injection site and the typical risks of allergic reaction that come with every vaccine).  And being afraid of contracting the coronavirus and coming down with covid is a damn good reason to get vaccinated.  So my opinion is that having not just one vaccine but multiple vaccines is a good thing, because (1) it takes the load off a single manufacturer to supply the world with it, (2) if someone is allergic to one they might be fine with another, and (3) with new variants of the coronavirus being discovered we have multiple drug makers researching them and finding ways to alter their existing vaccines so they cover the new variants.  The mRNA vaccines that are out carry no trace of the coronavirus, unlike other vaccines which use dead/inactivated viruses to trigger the immune response, so there is zero risk of getting covid from the vaccine.  Every vaccine carries risks of side effects, but nobody with more than 3 brain cells to rub together would argue with the benefits of the vaccines for smallpox, polio, HPV, measles, mumps, rubella, chickenpox, or any other existing vaccine being outweighed by the risks, so it's quite stupid to be afraid of the vaccines against covid.

I will probably get it whenever its available to me without long lines or waiting. If there are long waits i will defer it. Not paranoid about it. And they are not tracking us.

• david

Since the US government purchased 100 million doses while it was still in phase 3 trials and before FDA gave provisional approval; I've doubts and concerns about it's actual efficacy. I know it sounds VERY conspiratorial, but would the US dump 100M doses and burn the money spent? Would Pfizer go back to the drawing board and overhaul an already ramped up production paradigm? With the economy floundering like it is, I won't say I doubt it, but I just don't know. 

• Gary K

The benefits FAR outweigh the risks. This is what you must consider with all medicine. Ignore anti-vaxxers, they have a problem with facts. The "page 132 of Pfizer vaccine" meme that one posted here is proven false: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covid-vaccine-un...

Those that decline it will put themselves and others at risk of death. It's a no brainer.

• andy

well if it does the prevent covid 19 from spreading then it has done its job

I would but I am not you. 

Friendly reminder:  That healthy doctor... DIED, due to "complications from the Pfizer vaccine."  If that isn't something to think about, I don't know what is.  When you take that vaccine, you will have a 50/50 chance of living or dying.  So much for that cur... I mean vaccine.

The vaccine, is NOT a cure.  So there's that.  Side effects, too many unknowns about it.  Why would I get something injected into me, that I know absolutely nothing about??

Answer:  YOU DON'T.  I'm not saying I'm against getting people better, what I am against is misinformation, disinformation, no information, and people in power yelling "get the shot, get the shot!!"  N O P E.  YOU get the shot.

There have been pictures of them getting A shot.  Could have just been pictures, and not being injected with anything.  A LOT to think about.

EDIT:  Let's see how long it takes blohoo to delete my answer.

• Marc

I find it odd that even if you get the shot you still have to wear a mask and social distance because you can still get it.  If I get any other vaccine, it is supposed to confer immunity against those diseases, but this no. "But you will get a less severe case" OK but over 99% of people that get it recover without any issues at all.  Maybe give it to those who are at high risk like the elderly, the immunocompromised, diabetics etc.  I think natural immunity is the best for all of us.  If we all just lived our lives as normal, we would all get herd immunity.  Thats how it works.

no brainer--got it.  That way I also protect a whole host of antivaxxers and my elderly parents