Disability and fraud?

If you are on disability and the person receiving your disability money on your behalf doesnt give you your disability money and uses it without asking you, is that fraud? What do you do?

2 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    If you have appointed a person to receive your disability checks to spend the money on your behalf and the person is not doing what they're supposed to do you immediately contact social security and withdraw permission. If somebody cashes your disability check without your permission. And you did not give any written permission to social security for that person to be your representative.

    Then what you do is you contact the sheriff's department and you bring the sheriff there and you press charges for forgery. 

    You tell the sheriff this person signed my name and cashed my check I want to press charges for forgery.

    and if the person does not have a legal appointment to handle your money the person gets arrested and goes to jail and sits there for forgery which is a pretty serious offense

  • 2 months ago

    It's theft, not fraud. Alert the authorities.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.