Looking for a good midi program with step editor?

I'm looking for a good midi program to install on my computer. I want it to allow for multiple tracks (8+ would be ideal, but no less than 4). I want it to have a step editor so that I don't need to play an instrument to record the music; I can just start placing notes and making them longer or shorter as well as changing the pitch. Also I want it to have a large collection of instrument sounds including drums, distortion guitar, atmospheric effects, crystal bells, strings, etc. Ideally it would be versatile enough to write a metal song, classical, medieval, as well as trance and dub-step. It would be a bonus to be able to record vocals and edit/clean/polish the sound so my own voice doesn't ruin it (haha) but that feature is not a requirement.

Does anyone have a suggestion that is under $200 (under $100 would be even better)? It doesn't have to be professional top quality, just something that sounds good. Thanks in advance!

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.