Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

What's the official term for someone trying to piss you off and then use your reaction as an excuse for their actions?

Credit cards example I steal from you you get mad punch me in the eye and then you use the fact that I punch you in the eye as an excuse for the fact that you stole from me. 

Correction: I steal from you you get mad punch me in the eye and then I use the fact that you punched me in the eye as an excuse for the fact that you stole from me. 

Or I keep manipulating lying or doing other manipulative things then you lose your cool yell at me and then I use that as an excuse after I got you to react.

What is the official term for this? Or is there an official term?

• (A)

Typical Democrat.

Inciting violence, bullying, lying.  

Trouble Maker works or any various vulgar slang term zxjq

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

it's called having a wife

Yes, it is called manipulation.

People provoke you to get a reaction, then play victem or establish power, turn things around.

Another term is narcissists, and toxic people. 

• ?

Antagonist.......

A republican   

Toxic people drive you mad, and they will drag you down as long as you let them.

In toxic relationships, one person often feels wounded by the other. Such dynamics exist in families, relationships, marriages, among friends, co-workers, and bosses.

Toxic people hurt other people with their words, often on purpose. They feel bad about themselves, so they make the people around them feel bad about themselves. Misery loves (or deserves) company, they seem to feel.

Toxic relationships are often characterized by hurtful remarks, constant sarcasm, belittling behaviors, and passive-aggressive interactions. 

The hallmark of being around a toxic person is feeling bad after being around them, though not always knowing why. 

If you feel a sense of dread when you hang out with a friend or see a friend's number appear on your phone, or feel uneasy when required to meet with a certain person, you always feel fearful, angry, or frustrated after you talk, that's a toxic person for you. 

They lack empathy and are narcissistically-entitled, meaning that if you feel bad as a result of an encounter with them, they'd say it's your fault, not theirs. 

How do toxic people invade your life? Slowly at first, then all at once. Some relationships degrade over time into toxicity because of a conflict, but others are toxic from the start, with those on the receiving end rationalizing their poor treatment as just the other's personality quirk or eccentricity.

They may say, "I like this person, except when he or she does this or that," but those things actually happen quite regularly. Others may ask them, "Why do you let him or her treat you that way or say those things?" but they don't have a good answer.

People are social creatures, especially in the workplace, where the need to fit in and have friends and colleagues you like or at least can tolerate is a necessity, since we spend so much time with them. 

Most of us start out wanting to feel good about other people. We can misread our own intuitive signals about the possibility of toxicity in another person, in the interest of wanting to be friends or at least to co-exist.

In dating relationships, the old saying is generally true: If it's bad in the beginning and bad in the middle, it's going to end badly. It's rare that people who couldn't stand each other at the start of a relationship live happily ever after.

Toxic people cause stress in others, through shouting, losing their temper inappropriately, or being mean and saying horrible things, which they often apologize but later say again anyway. 

This stress can manifest itself in those on the receiving end as headaches, neck aches, back pain, stomach problems, general anxiety, nagging illnesses, or eating and sleeping problems.

The mind-body connection between stress and our physical health is clear: Stress on the inside causes stress to manifest on the outside. 

People having trouble managing stress may hurt themselves with food, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, or prescription or illegal drugs. They can grind their teeth, become sleep-deprived, and even develop autoimmune or digestive issues.  

Someone in a toxic relationship is like a person in a small boat that's sinking; the more he or she tries to bail out, the faster the boat goes down.

There is little sense in hanging on and waiting for the other person to change without consequences for their behavior, a therapy intervention, or actual signs that they are willing to save the relationship by acting differently immediately. 

All motivation is self-motivation. If toxic people don't see reasons to change such as the threat of losing their job, partner, kids, friends or family, they won't change.    

There are options for people dealing with toxic people: Accept the situation and the other person's behavior as toxic, rise above it, and don't let him or her grind you down.

Provocation is the term you're looking for.