Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

From the movies you have watched: how would you rate the movies of each Charlie Chaplin, Alfred Hitchcock and Stanley Kubrick?

Favorite Answer

I love Chaplin and Hitchcock. 5 stars

Kubrick is 3.5 for me. 

• Larry

Alfred Hitchcock became famous for his odd terrifying and intense films and master of mystery film.  Anyone remember the Alfred Hitchcock hour on TV?

Stanley Kubrick perfected the art of bizarre.

Charlie Chaplin of course comedy.

• Stanley Kubrick 10/10

Alfred Hitchcock 10/10

Charlie Chaplin 10/10

All of them are among the all time best.

I've seen alot more Kubrick, and the movies are more modern, incorporating more modern structure and innovations.  So I would rank Kubrick at the top of that list.  

I've only seen one movie each of Chaplin and Hitchcock, and I think Chaplin's movie was better.  It was silent, and featured his standard beggar character, but it had alot more to say than Hitchcock's Psycho.  So i think I'd rank Chaplin over Hitchcock.

But I would call my rating fair.

I would give 10 out of 10 for Alfred Hitchcock, 8 out of 10 for Stanley Kubrick and 6 out of 10 for Charlie Chaplin.  That is just my personal choice, others may have a different opinion.