Laptop not charging.?

I'm using the Lenovo yoga 520 and recently the battery died and it won't charge. But idk if its a laptop problem or a charger problem. The charger, like the AC adapter light up when it's plugged in, but when I plug it into my laptop, my laptop doesn't charge (no lights at all) and the light on the adapter blinks... 

Help. How do I resolve this ??

(I've tried different outlets, same results. I don't have other or extra charges to test with my laptop)

take your laptop in with you to the store and try it with their charger ... if it won't charge, it's your battery and they'll happily sell you a new one

If the laptop will start up with the charger plugged in the charger is good enough to charge the battery but if the battery has shorted out it won't charge no matter what you do

• David

You resolve it by removing the battery completely and plugging in the charger. Most laptops will boot without a battery. If it fails to boot there is a problem with the charger or the laptop