Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

How long can you expect a washer and dryer to last if you buy it new? What  is the best brand to buy?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Quality washer not the dearest lasted me 12 years

I have been in my Home 28 years and now have a washing machine that is 7 years old my Third in this house

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

expects it to last the length of the warranty , washers have a 5 year warranty and driers have a 2 year warranty . it depends if it has old controller or a new digital on , the old controllers seem to last longer . digital control seems to go bang more often are are more expensive to replace .

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

New?  Well it was new to "me" considering I had none. Speed Queen HD. It will outlast your old lady.  (so early 70's machine)

• 2 months ago

I had a pair of Whirlpool for over 25 years and they were functional but pretty worn when I got new LG machines (badged as Kenmore). So far, so good with them. I have heard nothing but horror stories regarding Samsung appliances...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

10 years. LG.

2nd is Samsung.

Top loaders have less trouble than front loaders. Seals go out and door latches.

Kenmore Used to be made by Whirlpool for Sears. Now, Chinese. Lousey.

Older Whirlpools, Kenmores, or Maytags would outlast a marriage....

Belt for a Whirlpool is # 50806.

• 2 months ago

Kind of hard to say, because it will depend on how much you use it. If you're doing two loads every day it's not going to last as long as if you're doing three a week. Might also depend what kind of washer. It's my understanding that front-loaders tend not to last as long as top loaders.

• 2 months ago

Good old speed queen top load washer, Matching dryer. Cant go wrong.

• 2 months ago

Our old Maytag is 25 years old.  Only needed a new heating coil for the dryer.  I have heard that new ones do not last so long.

• 2 months ago

It depends if you use it at full load every time, or use it at medium or small loads

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Kenmore makes EXCELLENT washing machines and dryers. I think Home Depot picked the line up after sears fell under. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.