Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationHobbies & Crafts · 2 months ago

Is it odd for a person in my age bracket to work puzzles and use adult coloring books?

I'm 35. But when at home , I usually  have some moderate or sometimes severe form of anxiety and panic for  which I'm not being treated. 

Its has been brought on by the pandemic.

I have some one hundred piece puzzles at home.

Would it be silly for me to work a puzzle?

Background  noise such as fans , tv , radio are helpful too in comforting me.

Not at all.  They're enjoyable and soothing.

I’m 99 years old and I love

coloring. I can still color inside the lines. Gon and live your life baby.

Take care nie

Go for it. When I was in my 20s, my roommate and I always had a jigsaw puzzle going. We also played Scrabble together. My mom was an avid coloring book fan until her death at age 92. She even started a coloring club in her retirement home. Who cares how old or young you are? If something relaxes you, do it.

I say not at all. If it relaxes you, makes you happy and relieves stress, go for it.

• Donna

Anything that takes your mind off the thoughts ruminating in your head is a good thing. I like playing mahjong solitaire on the computer. I am only competing against myself but it takes my mind off day to day negative thoughts.

I have two Zelda puzzles framed, I want to buy the Breathe of the wild Map puzzle, but not sure I will finish it?

• Not at all. 

I'm 10 years older then you and I use adult coloring books when I'm bored or stressed. I haven't done a puzzle in a long time. I still work full time, I don't have a lot of time to work up a puzzle. 

• drip

There called adult coloring books because they are for adults.  They are everywhere now, very popular.  

Puzzles have been around for decades and decades. Puzzle are make for all ages.

You may like canvas paint by numbers

https://www.amazon.com/Numbers-Beginner-Painting-P...

Or diamond dotz

https://www.joann.com/diamond-dotz-kit-starry-nigh...

There's nothing odd about it. My grandparents would do puzzles, crosswords, solitaire, all the time, and have the TV or radio going at all times. That was back in the 1970s and 1980s. I'm almost 50 now and my husband and I do puzzles, too. We often fall asleep with the TV on. Nothing wrong with doing the things you need to do to find a little peace in a crazy world, it's not hurting anyone. 

i dont think so