Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 2 months ago

Is the Geico lizard British or Australian?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

The latest English pronunciation heard in Geico plugs is a cockney highlight, which is an average complement regular in the East End of London, England. So the writing is on the wall. It's very not Australian, and 100% English. It's regularly and exceptionally discussed, because of the GEICO Gecko's intonation, regardless of whether the Gecko is local to Britain or Australia. Nonetheless, regardless of debates about his ethnicity, the Gecko is perceived by almost everybody in America, exhibiting his broad acclaim.

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

neither there asian . there every where in indonesia .

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They played with that in a commercial once, he went something like "funny you should ask that, I'm..." and the scene cut off before he could finish. Kind of like Penny's last name in The Big Bang Theory, it doesn't really matter.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I believe he's Cockney -- British.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Well. I guess I have to go by his accent. Since I don't know what  country he's actually fro m😃😃😃.

He sounds English, with a slight cockney accent . But I'm american

• 2 months ago

Gekko is a genus of Southeast Asian geckos, commonly known as true geckos or calling geckos, in the family Gekkonidae. Although species such as Gekko gecko (tokay gecko) are very widespread and common, some species in the same genus have a very small range and are considered rare or endangered.Some advertising genius conflated the pronunciation of gekko and Geico and produced a most successful advertising campaign. The Geico lizard is American and totally fictional.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gekko

• hung
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

mexican pretending to be british

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

British.                                             .

• British he has a cockney accent.

• 2 months ago

you need to ask him this question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.