Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Why do some women avoid dating their entire lives?

For example my aunt has never been on a date before and she is 56 years old

Reasons probably vary.  Why not ask your Aunt directly?

Self-inadequacy, fear of failure, commitment-phobia. 

1. Men are craps

2. Past experience

3. Romantic relationship is not the most important in life

4. Not easily fall in love and also not desperate 

5. Career driven

6. Have many activities to keep her occupies

I would not assume a person is a gay just because they are single, I know many always do that.

1. Past trauma (maybe sexual?)

2. Gay (but in the closet).

3. Lying to you. 

Want more reasons/possibilities?! 

4. Asexual.

5. Too career focused!

Source(s): 36 life exp ~ Asian filipina
  • Mary

I havnt dated much in my life.

I had a 3 year relationship as a teenager that went badly and after that i was never in a proper relationship again.

I dated, hooked up etc but i find men are nothing but drama and trouble.

Its just not worth it the hassle.

Some people are surprisingly content with being alone. They don't feel the way most people do about dating. 

• Blush

Some people don’t let society’s expectations dictate their lives 🤷🏻‍♀️

Re: Foofa. Why do people automatically go to the Lesbian thing just because someone is single for many years. I am 57 with an adult son. I tried marriage and it lasted 3 years. Tried dating though the years but as a single Mom  I was super picky who I brought into my child life. dating never seemed to work out.  The older I got the less men my age were interested.They want woman 20 years younger.  So at 40 years old I gave up dating. People just assume that I am a lesbian because I have been single for 17 years.  My own Mother and sister just assume I am gay. It makes me so angry. Single men get the same assumptions. I like men but  men do not seem to be interested in me. So why bother. It is so offensive when people label chronically single women and men as gay. When I tell my family and coworkers I am straight they think I am a liar.

Interesting, my aunt never dated either as far as I know.  She is 58.  I asked her once because she was asking me about my husband, how we meet, why I liked him, and how he treated my son (mine you I was 21 at the time and it was his son).  She even asked me why we weren't married if I have known him since I was 14 yrs old.  I found it odd that she was so interested so I asked her why she has never been involved with someone.  She told me their was once a man in her life that wanted to date her, but she refused because she was too busy taking care of my grandma (her mother) so I asked her if that was the reason why she never dated him, she said no, she just didn't want to take it any further.  I am now 34 and even today she has never dated anyone, and I still remember her telling me that she was just not interested in dating anyone.  Must be a preference so it doesn't complicate their life, she seems happy and stress free so maybe she knows something the rest of us don't know :)

Some wise up at a young age that relationships arent for them. Same as some men.