Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

What to do about racist friend?

I was going through my white friend’s messages and found that he uses the n word, even referred to me as one. And planned on blaming something on me, what should I do now? Messages were from a month ago

I’m not sure if I can really confront since I was going through messages

Cut them off if they see you as less of a human becuase you have a different skin colour.

Cool! You have a White friend, who you spy on.

Tell them about their racist peeping Tom troll friend, I’m sure they will kick you to the kerb.

It could be difficult explaining why you were going through his messages but, by one means or another, I suggest you, no longer, consider him a friend. He isn't one. If it will be difficult to end a relationship quickly I suggest you ease off slowly so that you have less and less to do with this person.  Hopefully, it will just become less important to you. At the same time try making new friends without being pushy.

Doesn’t sound like a friend to me. 

• Ann

You can't really confront this person, because you were snooping.  However, if you think he's planning to blame you are something he's going to do, then you need to drop him immediately without explanation. 

• Carmen

Have you seen other evidence in person that might verify he racist? Or heard him that way you can simply ask him straight out that question instead of putting yourself on the spot because you read messages. Be prepared for his answer. A true friend wouldn’t call you out your name or classify you because of your race. Bad association spoils useful habits especially when you think he going to put something on you. A wise person sees red flags and protects themselves. 

I’d just ghost him. But it is pretty messed up to go through someone else’s messages 

Take him to task about it, if he resists or belittles you, drop him. Draw a line and don't look back.

Fućk seu garoto estúpido  

• !

Dude's an @sshole. Why would you want a friend like that?