Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Can you get in trouble for prank calling someone and telling them that you wanna kidnap them?

So I'm frustrated with this situation with this lady who I know from shrevevport. She's an former singer who now works as an dentist. I'm ticked off because I've been trying to reach her but her assistants keeps on telling me that she is busy. I got mad and so I prank called the other day using an burner phone app and an voice disguiser and told them that I wanted to grab her, bound her with duct tape and tape her mouth shut and throw her into the trunk of my car. I was only joking but my uncle says the police is probably gonna look for me. Can I get in trouble for this ?? Would they look for me when I'm not in the same state she is in ??

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This sounds suspiciously like a post from Jacob/Kenneth.  Does this mean he didn't get sent to prison after all?

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Threatening to kidnap someone is a crime. So admitting it on this site, which could easily be traced back to you is pretty dumb.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes

In itself prank calling is illegal, saying you are going to kidnapsome one is a felony.

Its called communicating a threat and is punishable by 20 years in state prison

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You're still obsessing over this?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • xyzzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes they will look for you and if you are in another state the FBI was get involved as it would be an interstate crime. Defendants convicted of making terrorist threats face a range of possible penalties. Some states categorize the crime as either a misdemeanor or a felony, or both, depending on the nature of the circumstances. The penalties involved for a terrorist threat typically include one or more of the following:

Incarceration. Anyone convicted of a misdemeanor offense for making a terrorist or criminal threat faces up to one year in a county jail. For a felony conviction, a court can impose a prison sentence of a year or more. Depending on the state and the nature of the threat, a conviction for making a terrorist threat can result in a prison sentence of 40, and even 100 or more years in prison.

Fines. Fines for making a terrorist threat vary widely. Some states impose no minimum fine, while others impose minimum fines of as little as $200 or as much as $10,000. Maximum fines for making a terrorist threat can exceed $250,000.

• 1 month ago

That is making a terroristic threat and it is a serious felony.

• 1 month ago

You sound like a deranged stalker. Go find a gay dude that wants you.

• 1 month ago

If you're a troll, just stop. You're acting like a fool. 

If you're serious, just stop. You're committing a crime.

• 1 month ago

Troll.  Sad to say, but you can't get in trouble for being an internet troll.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Can I get in trouble for this ? I hope so as you are all kinds of an idiot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.