Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Were liberals for or against the French Revolution where they captured and assassinated the ruling class?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Thomas Payne was a Liberal. What did he do? He went to France to offer his services & was promptly arrested. He was sent to Bastille. President Madison brought him home to die. America did not support the Revolution & Washington sent no aid.

So, as individuals, yes, the Liberals suported the Revolution. But, not the country.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think liberals were sent to concentration camps under Hitler.

• 1 month ago

The anti-federalists in America led by figures such as Thomas Jefferson were in favor of supporting the revolutionaries in France. They thought the French were imitating the American colonists in their desire for freedom. There was a hope that the French would win a greater degree of autonomy that resulted in the new Constitution and its strong federal government in the United States. Many anti-federalists rejoiced in every revolutionary victory as news of it reached America. Fashions changed to reflect republican dress in France.

The Federalists were not sympathetic to the French Revolution, led by figures such as Alexander Hamilton. The Hamiltonians feared mob rule. They were afraid of egalitarian ideas causing further upheaval at home.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I love french fries with ranch dressing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I wasn't born yet when that happened.

Source(s): What happens in France stays in France
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.