ano asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

my cat vomited  a dark brown liquid this morning?

but right after he went on and drank some water and ate his food and now he’s sleeping peacefully on my pillow. i’m worried it may be constipation or an intestinal blockage but it didn’t smell like feces and he has been eating and behaving regularly, he still purrs loud when i pet him. does he need to go to the vet? we’re trying to minimize going to public places as much as possible in the pandemic.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I think he is safe but just in case you are doubting and require professional opinion better visit the vet.

• 1 month ago

My female Siamese has a sensitive tummy our 4 male Siamese don't so she gets sensitive food from the vet, the boys get regular food from the vet. So our female no longer throws up. Maybe your kitty has a sensitive tummy, or just ate or drank too fast or even a hairball, or hair made his tummy sick! Good luck, nothing to be worried about.

• 1 month ago

An intestinal blockage would render the animal extremely ill, so that is not the case here.  Constipation occurs in the large intestine, to vomit that would require backing up over 25 feet osprey intestine.  He just threw up food.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Once a month our cat vomits up this godawful mess with a hairball. It's normal as long as it doesn't happen often.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Probably fixing to bring up a hairball.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.