Covid 19? Immunity? ?

Can you get covid 19 twice? I recovered from covid 2 month ago. Now I don't know, all the doctor's say different things, I am now immune yes or no?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Yes, you can get it twice.  You are not permanently and totally immune.  You may be somewhat more resistant for a few months.

• 2 months ago

There is no such thing as permanent immunity to any virus.

The corona virus family includes the common cold. You have probably had that dozens of times.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes you can get it again

• John
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Indubitably, without a doubt.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There are reported cases of people getting it twice, so no doctor can tell you for sure what your status is.  Just keep wearing  your mask, social distancing and washing your hands.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There have been reports of people catching it a second time.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The immunity from getting Covid does not last ,  some people are immune for 3-8 months,  They want you to wait a period of time after getting covid to when you get the vaccine, at least   90 days

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The thing with COVID-19 is that there are still a lot of unknowns. There have been reports of cases of people who have caught it more than once.

The virus has not been around long enough to know how long immunity lasts,- a recent study of more than 6,600 people from Public Health England’s (PHE) suggests that a previous Covid-19 infection provides some immunity for several months.

The Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines could offer immunity against COVID-19 for up to two to three years. However, they will most likely have to be administered annually, like the flu vaccine.   Once again the virus has not been around long enough to know the answers to these questions for sure.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes you can get it twice. I know 2 different people that did. 

You are never immune to it 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

who is worth you believing?.......go figure..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.