Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

Is Metallica a good band?

• ?

I think history will remember Metallica as being one of the best and most important American heavy metal bands. While they were mostly influenced by British and European bands, they did have their own signature sound in the early days. And while it's necessary to divide their catalogue into at least two distinct eras - the "classic era" of the band ("Kill 'Em All" to "And Justice For All") and the "post classic era" (the self-titled 'Black Album' to today), I think it's safe to say that if they had decided to call it a day back in the early 90s, they'd still be seen as progenitors who were instrumental in getting metal on the mainstream map. They have done a lot for the genre. They've been extremely vocal about who their heroes are and have helped to gain some of those bands a degree of recognition that they never would have had without Metallica's help, and they have provided a lot of bands with an opportunity to get their name out there and make a splash in their own right. I think nearly all longtime fans have their own opinions on Metallica's change of direction that occurred in the early 90s. They have their detractors and they have their defenders. In my opinion, the early material is much stronger and I don't bother revisiting anything they released after the Black Album, but I don't have the same level of hatred for them that many former fans do either. 

They are OK. I like Zep.  better.

I Usually listen to older rock, rock-'n'-roll. Beatles, Association, Police, Journey, etc,

They probably are for many people, but just not my cup of tea.

They were in the 80's and early 90's, they really sucked after the Black album 

They're a great band. Ignore the haters and so-called "REAL" Metallica fans who hate everything they did after the '80s. Listen to their discography and decide for yourself.

They were great in the 80s. Then came the 90s and well you know where that went. 

Yep a great band.

In general, yes they are. I am really into their first four albums. Not a really big fan of the stuff that they did in the 90's and the early 2000's. Their latest 2 albums are alright, but I've always been into their 80's stuff.

Yes definitely                 

Yeah, I like them.