Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 2 months ago

Can I be sued because of an YouTube video?

I made an YouTube video saying things that not so much people know about a guy from my city, it's really bad things, all I wrote in the video are real things. I can't delete the channel/video because I lost the password. I used other gmail accounts to report the video because of defamation and YouTube rejected it saying it don't violates guidelines. The YouTube channel don't have my real name/photo. In the video is wrote the things the guy did and his photos (without his face) with the quotes.

I switched my internet provider after the video.

I'm not from The U.S. I'm from Brazil so what's the chance of the police take the investigation seriously? The guy in the video is not famous or something, he is a guy who used to beat people and I denounced it.

Does police will waste time to investigate it in your opinion? It's only defamation, there are no threats or anything. The name of the guy is in the title of the video.

IDK what your laws are there, but in america it could count as slander or defamation of character odds are the site won't go after you but say the person it's directed towards may be able to sue on these terms meaning they can sue the person who made the defamatory statement and can recover compensation for the damages. but it's very unlikely (also depending on your local laws)

If you slander someone in public - can they BEAT ON YOU?   Private people can do that. Public figures can Not. Which is why many people choose NOT to enter to be a Public Servant.  It is a Harsh life especially if you are thin skinned.

.  If you want to slander a business, it has to be something done to you(not hearsay) because if affected a friend of yours.

. If you got BAD DRUGS; tough.  You are committing an illegal act so you don't have a legal RIGHT for anything.    

Which police.  It is not like they are monitoring Y T when they have real Vikings down the street, killing, raping and pillaging.

Not a concern, IMO.  You are another Brazil nut.

• i + i

You can be sued, but I would 

think the odds of it happening 

are pretty close to zero, AND 

it is unlikely that the guy could 

win in court even if it happens. 

• keerok

If everything you posted was true, chances are, you won't get into any trouble at all.

• ?

i would hope not

• Mercy

A libel suit is always possible on social media.