Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

is it true that cats live very short when only eat whiskas?

like two years at most.. after kidney failure or something..

How to avoid it?

Never heard or experienced any of that. My parents cats all lived to 16 to 18 yrs no issues and were fed all sorts of supermarket stocked wet and dry cat foods. 

My own cat is now 16 and has been fed the same way with no health issues.

The cats I feed (two in my home, four around my porch, about two dozen in several feral colonies) get dry food from Authority, Bistro, Hills, Nulo, and Royal Canin.  Canned food from 9 lives, Wiskas, and a similar diversity.  The logic is that a wide spread is more likely to provide all the minerals etc that they need. 

I had a cat for 17 years who would only eat whiskas in gravy!

Can food is made out of horse meat & flavors added. Dry food is grains with fat added to it. Neither are very good for kitties. A kitty will feed itself, however, you can feed it fresh chicken, fish or beef. They are carnivores & grain is not a good diet. Canned food is not fresh & not nutritious.

• !

Nope. Ive fed a number of cats on whiskas, they've led perfectly normal lives of a decade or so

My cat is 16 years old and still looks and acts young,