Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 2 months ago

Did you know the city of Charleston is giving out $100 fines for people walking down the street with no mask on?

Sad to say,it's not a tourist friendly place to go any more.

Update:

If you ever wondered how those fascist or communist leaders come into power with crowds cheering and saluting them on, just read the answers to my question above.  

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Kate
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are absolutely doing the right thing. Why should anyone be put at risk from those that may be infected.

• 2 months ago

"it's not a tourist friendly place to go any more"

The opposite seems more true.

If they what you to wear a mask [which isn't designed to protect you but instead stops you from spewing] that means they don't want their citizens spewing droplets on each other.

That is is as legit as it is a place that cares.

• 2 months ago

Yes, the $100 is for the first offense it goes to $200 the second time and then to $500. It's nice to see a government serious about combating the virus.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Wish my cities officials were that smart

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I am not sure; so hum a few bars and I will fake it.

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

We'll just have to start calling you "Typhoid Star", won't we?

It's the stupid people like you who have caused 300.000+ deaths.

The right of the health department to take whatever steps are necessary to protect the public health is absolute. If it comes to locking people like you in jail to prevent contact then they might, they can, and they will. This has gone to the Supreme Court and more.

• 2 months ago

The only thing not "tourist friendly" about that is that it is too light a punishment and many tourists will die because they were exposed to someone with COVID who didn't wear a mask because the punishment was only a $100.  Keeping tourists safe is "tourist friendly".  Letting them die is not.

• 2 months ago

If that is where you live, I am so sorry that your city cares about its people and is trying to stop local healthcare getting more overstretched than it already is.  If I were you, I would try to move somewhere else that doesn't care if you contract or pass on covid.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.