Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

Audio doesn't work on laptop with windows 10?

I think this problem started as I updated windows.

Firefox is playing a video on youtube that I'm sure has sound in it, but this is how it looks... Advice? Thank you

Update:

There was another update on windows, it0 works now.

Attachment image

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

So move your sliders all the way to the top and then set your volume control to its highest and see if it works

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Delete the sound drivers in Device Manager then Reboot. Windows should reinstall sound upon boot time. If that didn't work, manually install the sound drivers yourself. Download the sound drivers from the official website of your laptop's brand.

• Lv 7
    2 months ago

you can install Windows 10 on any PC. however, if you don't have DRIVERS for your hardware for it, Windows 10 will not know how to use the hardware.

drivers are a set of instructions for Windows. the older the computer, the less likely there were drivers made for Win10.

however, to check, right-click the volume, and click Playback.

set your speakers as the Default and see if you can hear sound.

you can test by left-clicking the volume icon by the time (bottom right),  and adjusting the volume a bit. a single click should make a "bing" sound.

• 2 months ago

Update your audio driver. If your sound still isn't working, updating your Windows 10 drivers could resolve the problem. ... If updating your Windows 10 audio driver doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Find your sound card in the Device Manager again, then right-click it and select Uninstall.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.