Boyfriend ignores me on the weekends?

I have been in a long distance relationship since 2018 and we see each other minimum once a month. At the beginning my boyfriend and I would talk a lot on the phone, when I would call and he wasn't available he would explain what had happened or at least I knew beforehand if he was busy and I knew not to call. Lately, he ignores my calls and then calls up to 3-6 hours later without explaining why he couldn't answer or like nothing happened. He ususally texted good night texts on the weekends too, but lately he doesn't do it specifically on the weekends, he says that he fell asleep and then the next day I call and he just says. I'm with my friend... before he would at least answer for five minutes and I would hang up to let him be with his friends but that is not the case anymore. He is starting to take me for granted and investing less time in us... I feel like I want to talk to him more than he wants to talk to me. This is the new normal on the weekends and sometimes happens during the week where he doesn't communicate much. He always sends a good night text from Monday to Thursday but now never on weekends. Help! is this normal?

Ah, I found your problem... Long distance relationship.

How many years do you expect him to hang around?

You have answers here with good advice. Sadly they are right in that your "boyfriend" has lost interest and isn't worth pursuing. I'd stop calling him along with any form of contacting him, wait and see if he bothers tryin to get ahold of you. If he does, play it cool and maybe tell him that this long distance relationship and the brief once a month times spent together, just isn't cutting it.

In my opinion, and many others here, two years of this relationship that instead of progressing, is actually regressing to the point of almost non-existent. 

Probably best to move on as 2 years is already proved he is not going to commit. Good luck in the future. 

I think he lost his interest in you, because you are the one who always make a way to communicated him. stop calling and stop texting him. let him find out , why you also suddenly become silent

oh my, ask him why is he ignoring you?

I hate to break it to you, but long distance relationships never work. To be fair, 99.9% of the time they don't. The only way to be sure, is to reassure him that everything is alright, but he has to tell the truth. Then ask, "Where do you see our relationship in...." whatever amount of months/years. His response should tell you. Now he might not be truthful to you. But the most important thing is you are truthful to YOURSELF. 

People date for a reason and that is to find out if they have enough in common to remain dating . You are learning that you are no longer important to your boyfriend and you keep hitting your head against the wall wondering why when all of the signs are clearly in front of you . He is losing interest .

I dare you not to text him , not to phone him , not to contact him at all . Leave it up to him to initiate contact and see where that leads you .

Even still, this dude is showing signs that you're not important to him anymore . He obviously has other things going on That are more important than you are , I'm sorry to say But that is what you explained .

What you explain here Is not a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship . What you explain is a guy who comes and sees you Every now and again , probably to get laid . A real boyfriend would never ignore his girlfriend . His actions Show that he's no longer interested but he doesn't have the balls to let you know So he is trying to give you every hints in the world for you to back off and go away .

• keerok

That is normal for someone who's ready to replace you. I say you beat him to it and dump him first. 

• Strand

The level of attention you want isn't really sustainable in a long distance relationship. It's easy when things are exciting and new, but there is a point where your conversations start to become repetitive. There isn't much you have to say anymore that can't wait so he isn't making it a priority to take your calls. If you weren't long distance, you wouldn't mind this as much. You would spend plenty of quality time together in person. After over two years, you both have had enough time to decide if you are committed enough to close the distance. If that can't happen, then you need to consider that this is as good as it gets and your relationship may soon run its course. 

He's not your boyfriend.He's just a casual hook up now and then. The nights he doesnt contact you, he is with someone else... isn't it obvious? You are a convenient hook up now and then... end of story.