Window valance-what kind is this?

What kind of window valance is this? It’s a large square that’s folded over a curtain rod. I’d like to get more but I can’t find them anywhere. No, I cannot make them myself so don’t suggest it. 

Attachment image

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Those look like three separate Halloween themed cloth napkins just folded over a rod, or perhaps they are furoshiki (Japanese gift wrapping cloths).  It doesn't look like there's much sewing involved at all, just a button added to prevent them slipping off.  So, yes, you do have to "make" them, as in get three napkins and fold them over a rod.  It might be wise to add a stitch or three to prevent them slipping off.

  • 1 month ago

    thats exactly what it is, a handkerchief valance, This one may not even be really sewed but draped and tacked. Since its not a standard type (like swag or festoon etc) you may have to really hunt and and see what other places call it. Start with a google search "types of valences" or even go into a curtain /blind store

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.