THE OG
THE OG asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 month ago

Does ibuprofen cause high blood pressure if taken for several days I dose I took 800mg total in a day ?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it can cause high blood pressure if taken for a long time (a few days is not enough to do any harm).

Only an idiot would take medical advice from anyone on YA.  High BP can easily kill you.  Get your walking orders from a physician.  Dumb as a cause of death would be embarrassing to your family.

Yes, it’s possible.  But, everyone is different.   Some people can tolerate Ibuprofen better than others.   Monitor your blood pressure.   If it is abnormally high, switch slowly to Tylenol.   

I can’t take Ibuprofen longer than one day.   If I do, my blood pressure sky rockets.  

Source(s): life experience

That isn't a listed side effect, however it is reasonable that it is possible because of the side effects that are listed with circulation of the digestive system.

That is a lot of ibuprofen I would use half Tylenol and half ibuprofen

It shouldn't.  Taking high doses daily for 3 or more weeks will do permanent liver damage though.  

I was on 600mg 3 times a day for rib fractures for 2 weeks,  the doctor only allowed it for that long. 

That’s why I take it as a last resort.—- and regardless of what that idiot assistant manager at Burger King says, ONE DOSE can jack up your b-p. But it’s not like I’m a freaking RN or anything...