Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why did MeToo quickly decline after liberal men started being accused of sexual assault?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

#MeToo was a feminist program. And feminism is leftist in nature whereby they all follow critical theory and identity politics.  So once it was apparent that it was mostly feminist allies like leftists and Democrats were caught up in this, they basically stopped pushing it.

Plus Asia Argento, one of the leaders of the movement took part in statutory rape, having slept with a 17 year old boy. The optics were bad.

• Elana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As others have said, nothing to do with being liberal.

More and more accusations have turned out to not actually true and people still believe in facts over "believe all women".

I'm NOT saying the majority haven't been true, I'm saying that with so many accusations, we have found some that aren't true.

That doesn't mean rape doesn't happen.  It doesn't even mean it isn't common.  It doesn't even mean that most accusations aren't absolutely true.

But making the assumption that women don't lie about this stuff, or that they could never be convinced to lie by others, is simply, provably, false.

It's easy to get on the bandwagon if you "believe all women" right up until you face incontrovertible evidence that some women lie.  Just no fun at all.  How can we have a lynching when we might be wrong?

So that means most people think we need to do things on the basis of evidence and that slows EVERYTHING down.

"MeToo" uncovered a lot of bad people.  I hope it CONTINUES to uncover a lot of bad people.  I just think we actually need some prudence here.

And I say this as a liberal.  I don't want to be sending innocent people to prison.  And I don't want to tarnish their careers, their personal lives, etc.

Actual guilt needs to be the arbiter, not some whacky idea of political correctness.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because such movement is sadly based around pure hate zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• 1 month ago

this has nothing to do with men being liberal.  It has to do with men inflicting sexual harassment on female workers and when they complain they get them to sign a non disclosure agreement in exchange for a settlements in hopes of hiding their harassment.  Thanks to MeToo big corporations who are guilty of doing this can no longer do so.  Also, there is strength in numbers, once one woman is strong enough and blows the whistle this gives others the strength to come forward.  women are being empowered I say go girl and its about freagin time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

That is your perception. For the record, most men hated #metoo for the obvious reasons that men are men and men are violent.

• Piero
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think people started to look at, and actually listen to the women complaining in #MeToo. They were aged out or failed performers. They got their "big break" by trading sex for a part. They were more prostitutes than victims. None of them were forcibly raped or restrained. They participated for the purpose of furthering their own careers. They could have refused or escaped. They did neither.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because the most vociferous rolled their grievances into BLM and the protests/riots surrounding that. 

• Bill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's not exactly what happened. What actually happened is that liberal men that the elite want protected started to get accused of sexual assault. The elite find it perfectly acceptable if conservative men are falsely accused and liberal men they don't like are accused, but as soon as someone like Biden is accused the movement must die. 

Also, on a side note, it's worthy of note that not one feminist or liberal anywhere on earth spoke up against Biden when he made it clear he likes black kids(he called them roaches) to play with his leg hair. It would appear liberals and feminists have a very limited vision when it comes to sexually inappropriate behavior. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Another reason to stay single.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

liberal "men"...ha ha wearing dresses and speaking with a lisp doesn't indicate manliness

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.