Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 2 months ago

If you’re prochoice, and if science can detect a gay gene early in the pregnancy, would you support the womans choice of getting an abortion?

How about if the mother finds out her baby has Down’s syndrome?

Pro choice means that I respect a woman's right to make her own decision about her body.  

WHAT PROOF DOES THE LEFT HAVE THAT THE GOVERNMENT KNOWS HOW TO LIVE OUR LIVES BETTER THAN WE DO

pro choice if the baby has a serious health problem , or if the mother s life would be in danger to carry a baby, and in the case of rape .

I am not pro choice and I would never support the killing of babies!!

I'm pro-choice and not anti-gay. So I wouldn't care, would I?  On the other hand, I can't speak for everyone but if I was to find out that my baby would have down syndrome or some other cognitive disability, I would probably abort.  I used to work in homes taking care of people with serious intellectual disabilities.  They live in dirty group homes put by their families who got tired of taking care of them.  some of them don't even get a lot of visits.  Its a bleak and crappy life. 

• James

You don’t seem to grasp the concept, it is the woman’s “choice” not anyone make it for them.

The point of pro choice is not whether or not you agree with the person's choice.  It is simply an agreement that they are the ones who get to make the choice.

no, cause god says not to kill and that includes unborn babies

• Mark

People do that now already.  If they think that the fetus is going to be deformed, they have been known to abort.  It is nobody's right  to even ask the woman why she wants an abortion, which again, comes down to Roe v Wade.  Pro choice means to support the right of a woman to have control over her own body, even if you do not agree with her choice.  I do not have to like abortion to accept that it is not my right to dictate to others about their own body.

• Damien

well you're a moron, why do you idiots like u keep talking about a gay gene when there is no straight gene?