Are those sentences grammatically correct?

How many showers DO you like to take for day?

How many showers you like to take for day?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

"Do" insertion is necessary for sentences in the simple present and simple past.  But it's "a day' or "each day".

How many showers do you like to take each day? 

"for" as I have told you before, is used with a length of time. "I typically shower for at least 20 minutes a day." 

• 1 month ago

neither this one nor that one is right. take in a day would be the "right" stating. However, do individuals really wash up every day as something ordinary?

Nonetheless, concerning the action word (incorporate do or not), you would compose utilizing the do, yet regularly would state it without the do, as a casual yet not genuinely right method of communicating the thought. We cut a ton of corners when talking.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's ridiculous to use the pronoun phrase  "for day". Do you mean  "for a day"? It still wields. " Within a day" might make sense. Anyway ,"each day" might be better.

• 1 month ago

neither this one nor that one is correct.  take in a day would be the "correct" phrasing.  But really, do people actually take more than one shower per day as a regular thing?

However, as to the verb (include do or not), you would write using the do, but often would say it without the do, as an informal but not truly correct way of expressing the idea.  We cut a lot of corners when speaking.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, neither one is correct -- "for day" doesn't mean anything.

How many showers DO you like to take PER day?  Which is still a weird question.

• 1 month ago

Because of hemorrhoids' I take several showers a day.

• Vy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

"How many showers would you like to take each day?" would be grammatically correct, because "for" cannot be before "day". The word "do" cannot be present tense too, but future tense: "would".

• 1 month ago

Neither is correct. Use the following:

How many showers do you like to take a day?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.