I have a question about car titles?

I bought a vehicle from a dealer and had a PO box at the time. After buying the vehicle I found out that my PO box could not receive mail, so I never got the title. I have the Power of Attorney, Title and Registration Application, and the Odometer Discloser paperwork that I filled out from the dealer. Is there a way to apply for a new title since I never got one due to not having a functional address?

The state or the dealer has the title. Contact them. Dealer should have known a po box won't work.

• PANKO

I dunno, there's a very good chance the Title was returned to the dealership. What do you think? Maybe call them to find out??

Yes, you fill out the form for a lost title and pay the fee.

What good is a PO box if it does not receive mail?  Ask the Post Office about that.  Then it went "somewhere".  Come down hard on them.  They do not need to know what your mail is. You did not get it even though you gave out your box number. What, do you live in a mud hut?

• May

All DMV's will ONLY send a title or registration to you at your PHYSICAL address.  What to do?  Give your DMV your physical address and ask that they re-send the title to you there.

Postal Employee

Dear ignorant dumbass, it's a simple application for a lost title replacement. The DMV website tells you how to get one.

• car253

Check with the DMV and ask for a duplicate title.

• Dze

if it was never transferred in your name at the dmv i doubt it

... i'd call the bank you had the loan at .. 'they' have your title, not the dealer unless the dealer actually made the loan .. somebodys got it lol .. 

Kid go back to the same dealer you bought the car, why bother with p.o craps.